Turbo-Tuner USB has many benefits over other tuning solutions.
- Plug and Play - Just the same as plugging in a standard OEM ECU.
Plug it in and away you go.
- Genuine Live Mapping - You do not need to switch the engine off
or remove the ECU to change the maps.
- Plugs into the existing standard wiring loom with no adapters
- Retains all engine protection features such as knock sensor
ignition retard etc.
- Retains all the existing OEM diagnostics capability such as
fault-code reading and data logging (4.4 only).
- Works with all the standard OEM sensors and control systems on
- Only affects the engine performance.
- Can be transferred to another car. See the
How does Turbo-Tuner USB compare to traditional chip tuning, remapping,
and custom mapping?
Chip tuning / remapping is available from
many tuning companies. The problem is that you are often limited to
their off-the-shelf maps. You also need to either drive to the tuner to
have the ECU remapped, or you have to send your ECU away. Custom mapping
is also available from several tuners, but you still have to either
drive to the tuner or send your ECU away as before. In some cases the
tuner can come to you, but then your custom tuning time is restricted by
the availability of the tuner.
Turbo-Tuner USB overcomes all these problems.
You can tune the ECU how you want, when you want and where you want. You don't have to wait
for the tuner, you don't have to drive to the tuner and you don't have
to keep sending your ECU away if you want any further changes made.
One of the most useful features of Turbo-Tuner USB is the ability for
you to custom map your car by working together with your preferred
custom tuning company. Please contact us for further information.
How does Turbo-Tuner USB compare to a piggyback system?
Turbo-Tuner USB has several advantages over a piggyback system:
- The ECU signals are not interfered with so the ECU is never
being fooled by an external device.
- Full diagnostics and data logging capability are retained and
work correctly with the ECU signals.
- All engine protection features are retained.
- You don't need to take your car to a specific tuner. You can
tune the car yourself, or select any tuner.
- No other hardware is required, no splicing of wiring looms etc.
Turbo-Tuner USB can only work with the OEM
sensors and engine control systems. If you want to fit extra systems
such as Nitrous Oxide, Variable Valve timing, coil-pack ignition, or
M.A.P. sensor controlled boost for example, then you would need to
install other electronic hardware to control these systems. However, for
most Volvo applications the Turbo-Tuner USB will be ideal, especially if
you are still using the OEM sensors and engine control systems.
How does Turbo-Tuner USB compare to a standalone motorsport system?
Turbo-Tuner USB has several advantages over a standalone system:
- No need for a separate wiring loom or extra harnesses.
- No need for extra sensors on control actuators.
- Retains the full OEM diagnostics system.
- Retains all the standard interface and communications between
all other systems in the car.
- Generally much simpler to install and tune.
Most standalone systems are designed for custom or motorsport
applications where you need complete independent control of an engine.
For example, if you have built a V8 engine and want to put it into an
850 T5 then you cannot use the OEM ECU to control the V8 engine. You may
have a race car where you don't need any of the other computer modules
such as the immobiliser and you need the engine ECU to work without
them. You may be installing new hardware such as VVT and coil-pack
ignition which the OEM ECU cannot control. However, for most Volvo
applications utilising the OEM sensors and control systems, such a
complex and expensive engine management system setup is not required,
whereas the Turbo-Tuner USB is the ideal solution.